Sr. Web Developer / Designer
CHAOSSEARCH is a Boston-based, venture-backed, cloud data search and analytics company. We are located across the street from TD Garden — a 60 second walk from North Station and the Orange Line.
CHAOSSEARCH is looking for a talented web design and development rock star to lead the charge in shaping the image and usability of the brand across our digital efforts, email communications, marketing campaign assets, conversion flows, etc. We need someone who has world-class intuition and processes for user experience and design, combined with a strong set of frontend development chops (including a strong background in WordPress theming and HubSpot), to develop assets for the brand and manage external design and development partners to scale to the needs of bigger projects. This position reports to the CMO.
You are a quick study who is passionate about your craft, loves tackling hard problems and instinctively seizes opportunities by constantly bringing the team new ideas on how to build the brand image and improve the performance of existing digital assets. You don’t accept the status quo and your diverse experience in developing, designing and evolving complex initiatives in b2b technology environments helps you create truly unique and unforgettable digital experiences that drive breakthrough campaign performance. You thrive in a fast paced environment, require little ongoing direction and are ready to take on the opportunity of a lifetime to bring a disruptive SaaS solution to a traditionally incremental industry, all while building a billion-dollar company in the process.
- Design, develop, test and debug responsive HubSpot web pages.
- Wireframe and annotate complex projects, guiding internal/external teams to meet marketing objectives and produce breathtaking digital assets
- Leverage analytics data to inform and evolve the website design to optimize visitor education, engagement and conversion
- Source and create assets for website – illustrations, photographs, logos, buttons, etc.
- Advise team about best-practices for UX, site-flow, micro-interactions, etc. Conduct usability and UX testing and needs analysis and provide guidance/support for A/B testing and continual improvement efforts
- Stay current on standards for web usability, design, coding, CSS, scripting languages, browser compatibility, and accessibility issues, with flexibility for learning new skills as needed
- 5+ years of web design/development experience
- 3+ years of experience with HubSpot
- Rock solid expertise in email design, particularly mobile-friendly
- Confident and professional communication skills with cross-functional groups and executive audiences
- A portfolio demonstrating excellent graphic design and responsive development work
- Ability to design and develop across browser and device capabilities and limitations, including desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.
- Competency using Adobe CC (Photoshop and Illustrator in particular)
- Experience designing for human factors and UX
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas for new or enhanced designs and interactive capabilities, and to communicate and collaborate effectively with a team to carry them out.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, able to work in a fast-paced environment with high standards for quality and accuracy.
- Experience marketing within a b2b software/technology company is a must
- BA/BS required
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
Candidates interested in this position can learn more about CHAOSSEARCH on our website here.